Friday, November 21, 2014

Life inside Underground




What is difference between the day and night? I guess there is lesser difference between these two with the advancement in Science and Technology.

Life has changed a lot throughout the world so is the case in Bhutan- a small country which is very difficult to be traced out on the glope. Electricity has been a key player in driving the lives of Bhutanese people far ahead.

The company I am working in, is the oldest power plant in the country built in 1980s- Chhukha Hydropower Plant (336 MW), CHP located on the highway between Phuntsholing and Thimphu, the capital city. CHP has liquidated the loan availed during the construction period from India and now it generates one of the highest revenues in the country. Proud to be working in this Plant.

If I state few things about the life underground. My office does not have any windows. I don't see immediate weather outside, its always a mystery to go out and see the weather.

I receive no phone calls from my Blackberry 8520, it's sometimes good to stay away from your cell phones. Fortunately or unfortunately, it's the only Plant where mobiles phones are prohibited inside the power house due to security reasons.

I must not forget to take a bottle of drinking water to quench my thirst before coming to office otherwise I land up asking from others or I have to boil the water and wait until it cools down.

I wear no gho-the national and official dress of Bhutan for male nor I have to carry kabney as it is required in many other offices in Bhutan. Since I have to work at site (most of the time), I am given the dress by my company.

Panorama of my office 

 Me in my dress at site conducting a visual inspection-one of the common methods to do analysis 



No comments:

Post a Comment