Saturday, November 22, 2014

131/79 & 89


Friday, November 21, 2014 was a usual weekday. I went to office in the morning which is inside underground power house. After reaching office I did some paper works. When the first half of the day was almost over, I remembered to make an appointment with my sir for a discussion.

Feeling lazy to cook at home and to travel back to my place, I headed straight away to a canteen for a lunch with my friend Mr. Rajesh who was also attending the same discussion. The canteen serves simple menus and is located near to my sir's office. Power house is located in between my place and sir's office-the main office building of CHP. And lunch time is from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm.

The discussion didn't last very long, it took about an hour. Two of us was joined by Ata Rinchen, who was also member and my cousin brother.

After the discussion we came out from sir's office. There is grade II BHU near his office and I insisted to weigh our body weight inside. As they agreed, we went inside the BHU scanning the area for a weighing machine. "I have seen the weighing machine inside the doctor's chamber", said Ata Rinchen. We then rushed to doctor's chamber. As I entered first, I greeted the doctor and asked his permission to use the weighing machine.

I stepped on the weighing scale first and let my friend Rajesh read my weight. The scale read 70 kg! I was so surprised because my weight never went to 70s. Luckily Ata Rinchen found out some error in the scale of the device. Doctor then calibrated the scale and made it correct. Still I weighed 68 kg.

Meantime, Ata Rinchen was measuring his blood pressure (BP) because he said it was little low few weeks ago as he was little ill that time. There was an electronic sphygmomanometer, a small powered device with a digital display, to measure the BP and it was different from that traditional device which needs manual pumping called Aneroid sphygmomanometer. Doctor told Ata Rinchen that his BP has come to a normal. Rajesh and I also decided to measure the BP, as we were little curious by then. Rajesh had a normal BP as he is not as fat as me and he does not play games though.

Display screen showed 131/79 & 89 when mine was weighed which was higher than Ata Rinchen's and Rajesh's. The first two numbers are systolic and diastolic; and third is a pulse. Doctor told me to exercise so that my BP does not increase further. Doctor was nice enough to take a short class explaining about the BP and importance of physical exercises.

So, I now find sine time to go for a walk right after office. I have even changed my plate so that I don't over eat my meals. I am hoping to maintain the consistency.


No comments:

Post a Comment